Using the Columbus Division of Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents online if loss is less than $3,000 (Click the links below to be directed to the CPD official site):
(To begin filling an on-line report, please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking.)
If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please note the following:
You CAN NOT file a report if:
- This is an Emergency. (Please call 911)
- This is a Motor Vehicle Accident.
- This incident occured OUTSIDE the Columbus City limits.
- There is suspect (s) information.
- Suspect information is name and address.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the value of the stolen property is more than $3,000.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the stolen property is a firearm (gun), license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material.
- You are reporting Property Destruction, and the damage is valued at more than $3,000.
- There is evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias relate.
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, obvious fingerprints).
If you confirmed any of the above statements, you CAN NOT file your report online; you must call the Columbus Police Radio Room at 614-645-4545 where you will be prompted to speak with a dispatcher so that an officer can respond to take a report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered “yes” to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be notified of any problems with your report once it has been viewed by a Police Records Technician.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All police reports filed online will be reviewed by a Records Technician before being accepted by the Columbus Division of Police .
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Once your online report has been approved by a Police Records Technician, you will receive a permanent case number and a .pdf copy as an attachment by email within approximately five business days.
- In the attached report, sensitive information has been replaced with ****** in order to maintain privacy in emails.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.