German Village Police Luncheon - Thursday, September 29th, 12:30p.m. German Village Meeting Haus
Those Attending: Over twenty five local residents of German Village, Schumacher Place & the Southside Area plus Thirteen (13) Columbus Police Department (CPD) Members representing Zone 5/11th Precinct, three (3) sargents, one (1) lieutennant and one (1) bik officer.
*A little about how the CDP is organized - the Southside is in Zone 2 & 5 - our area is in both Zone 2 & 5; we are all in Precinct 11 and the Southside is in Cruiser Precinct 111 & 113), Precinct 11 is staffed as follows: 1st shift - 6am-2pm (6 officers), 2nd shift - 2pm- 10pm (5 Officers) and 3rd shift - 10pm to 6am (11 Officers)
Jerry Glick opened the meeting and welcomed everyone in attendance
The Columbus Police Department (CPD) Report:
1) Always call the police FIRST when you see something suspicious. Then post your situation on cyberblockwatch.com.
2) There are THREE caller types when calling in a crime or suspicious activity to the CPD ...
- Anonymous - Will bring the police by but the chances of an arrest are slim
- Identified - You may request the officer to call vs. coming to your home for questions
- Known - The best type of caller. Someone who calls regularly with credible information
3) Come together as a community/blockwatch group to support your neighbors who are victims of crime. The more support in the court room, the more likely the judge will be to pass a full sentence. Email chains are effective too if you can't make it to court. For example send regular emails to the Prosecutor with messages like, "We are watching the case ... no plea bargains, etc."
4) The CCP (Community Crime Patrol) are the police-looking bikers you see in the neighborhood. They are a private organization that helps give the CPD an extra set of eyes in the neighborhood.
5) Compared to most neighborhoods, German Village is one of the safest communities in Columbus. Check out the recent local All Crime Reports or the CPD CrimeReports® website, the only near real-time source giving you access to CRIME information in your neighborhood and all over the country.
6) The CPD has two suspects the bureau is following, regarding the recent car battery thefts, and plan to make an arrest soon.
7) Don't forget to schedule a private house inspection from our local police liason officer. You can call the non-emergency number to schedule one for your home 614-645-4545.
Crime Reports was developed by the Columbus Police Department. It is the only near real-time source giving you access to CRIME information in your neighborhood and all over the county. Simply click the link below and enter your home address to see current CRIME in your neighborhood. It will provide you CRIMINAL ACTIVITY reported the last three (3), seven (7), fourteen (14) or thirty (30) days. You can also choose crimes to include in your report and submit Crime Tips. If you want to stay informed, you can join Crime Reports by signing up to receive their automatic Crime Alerts. http://www.crimereports.com
Cyberblockwatch.com – German Village/Schumacher Place Citizen-managed BLOG and website allows users to Report/Post/Share Criminal Activity, learn about Crime Prevention & Safety Tips, provides contact information/Links to Columbus Police/CPD Crime Reports®. To receive Crime Alerts register today on Cyberblockwatch.com.